Everyone seems to love spring. It's a time of rebirth, of sunshine, and yes, the beginning of patio season. I was so inspired by yesterday's beautiful weather that I purchased a new Provencal tablecloth for my outdoor dining room. A little too chilly to eat al fresco yet, but when the time comes, I will be ready!
Here are my top five things to do in Toronto in spring:
1) One of my all time favourite spring past-times in Toronto is to visit High Park when the to see the Sakura Cherry blossoms. I think we have only a couple of weeks to wait, but you can keep on top of it but going to their website for updates at www.highparktorontocom.
2) Register for a spring running race. There are so many to choose from, and you no longer have to dress in seventeen layers to enjoy a run! Check out www.runningroom.com for upcoming events.
3) Visit Little Portugal for pasteis de nata (custard tarts) and then take a stroll through Trinity Bellwoods park. The famous white squirrel who reportedly had left this world last year, has been spotted near CAMH!
4) Visit a heated patio and get in the mood for summer The Longest Yard at Mount Pleasant and Davisville is closing it's doors after decades of business. It has a lovely patio, great staff and delicious food, so get there while you still can.
5) There is nothing better than mucking about in my own garden. Here's a gardener's tip for you: run your nails along a bar of hand soap and you will not come out of the garden with any dirt under there!
There are so many more ways to enjoy this season. That being said, I'm heading out to the garden now!